Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mercer Slough Nature Park ~ September 22nd 2011

This is a great area to explore and check out some wildlife.

We've seen this same turtle or tortoise, I'm not sure
which it is, both times that we've been here!


It's not too far to drive and the hike (walk) is not too long. Most of the trail is stroller friendly, although you may need a hand to get over a couple of areas. There are over 7 miles of trails, but there is no need to hike all of them. There are several nice loops that you could take your time exploring.

I would recommend printing and bringing this map along. I forgot it this time and it was much easier navigating with it the time before!

I saw lots of beautiful colors, including some fall color starting to show.




I love the Bellevue city skyline in the background. I think it's really great that there are natural, wild places left in urban areas!


Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment